Monday, September 13, 2010

CV Scam, Resume Scam

I had a rather unpleasant experience recently.
I received an spam-scam email in an email address I do not normally receive spam or scam emails. Although I was intrigued as to where could someone find this email address, I responded to it in the hope to uncover more info on the origin of the scam and the scammer.
In the end I did and this info is in this blog. But the scammer proved to be quite resourceful. He found my name and email address in an online resume I posted in some job searching agencies. I didn't find a job but I a scammer did find me.

His email was one of the usual scams and was asking my details. Name, residence address, telephone number etc. However what I didn't know was that the scammer had already that info from my resume. In any case I uploaded the details he provided me here and he was smart enough to google his fake self and find this info.
Initially he asked kindly to remove the info and when I didn't comply he sent me an email with my details which he already had from my CV.
HOLLY SHIT! I mean really!
The lucky thing was that this was a very old address of mine and since then I had changed quite a few houses.
He also threatened to send drugs to my house to which I responded inviting him to come and get high together.

I must admit this mofaka was good.

The moral of the story is: DO NOT PROVIDE ADDRESSES WHEN SUBMITTING ONLINE CVs WHICH ARE VISIBLE TO ANYONE

No comments:

Post a Comment